Jim Dwyer was born in Eugene, Oregon. He graduated from the University of Oregon in 1984 and graduated from California Western School of Law in San Diego in 1987. Jim’s experience with the law started in 1972 when he went to work at his father’s law firm delivering the mail to the post office and taking documents to the courthouse. Jim grew up going to legal seminars and helping his dad prepare cases.
Jim practiced with his father from 1988 to 1997 in Eugene, Oregon, where his primary focus was on helping people who were injured through no fault of their own. In 1998, Jim and his family moved to Portland so his wife could be closer to her mother. Since then Jim has worked with Dean Heiling and he continues to practice personal injury law and workers’ compensation law.
Jim is licensed to practice law in Oregon, Washington and in the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon. Jim is a member of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice and the Oregon State Bar. He as also been awarded Volunteer of the Year for the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association.
Jim Dwyer’s Membership and Volunteer Activities Include:
- Oregon State Bar since 1998
- Washington State Bar since 2003
- Oregon Trial Lawyer Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Federal Bar and United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- Volunteer of the Year for the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (2002)
- Head of the Motor Vehicle Section of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (2002-2005)
- Member of American Trial Lawyers Association and AAJ
- Board Member of Eugene Emergency Housing (1993-1997)
- Board Member of the Hollywood Farmers Market (1999-2000)
- Board Member of Board of the Brain Injury Association of Oregon (2003-2004)
- Board of Directors Unity Church of Portland (2002-2007)
- President of the Board of Unity Church of Portland (2007-2010)
- Finance Committee Member Unity Church of Portland (2010 to present)
Jim has been married to his wife Jan for 19 years and has two wonderful teenage daughters. Jim’s interests include cooking, traveling, volunteer work and spending as much time as he can with his family.1 March,2011